What is Lossless Learning?
Education is based on feedback loops. So when feedback is lost, the quality of learning decreases. For Canvas Grants 2015, we’re looking for innovative tools, methods, and research projects to decrease lossy learning in face-to-face, blended, hybrid, or flipped classrooms.
Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Lossless instruction – don't lose transmitted information How can digital multimedia best capture direct instruction, including information, humanness, expression, and demonstration?
- Lossless participation – don't lose students How do we involve all students in F2F or online courses? How can we easily and consistently measure student participation in a meaningful way?
- Lossless engagement – don't lose students' attention How do we capture the attention of every student? How do we identify when they’re not paying attention and intervene to get them back on track?
- Lossless expression and assessment – don’t lose authentic assessment How do we give students opportunities to demonstrate competencies?
- Lossless assessment and feedback – don't lose formative feedback How do we ensure that every student receives formative feedback so they all have opportunities to improve?